Collection of Your Personal Information
When you visit the Site, send us an email or submit a blog we may collect or receive information about you, which you voluntarily provide to us. Depending on how you use the Site your personal information (“Personal Information”) may include:
- information (such as name, addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers) which you may provide when you submit your blog to Infrabee
- information about the searches you perform through the Infrabee Site and how you use the results of those searches;
- records of your communications with us (whether in writing, by email or by telephone) for the training and monitoring of our staff and to improve our service;
- location data and other information about mobile devices used to access and interact with Infrabee.
Your Personal information may be supplemented with additional information from other companies such as third party social networking services (such as Facebook Connect or Twitter) when you access such third party social networks through the Infrabee your username and connection lists for those services.
In addition, we may use (or authorise third parties to use) web beacons, cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies (“Tracking Technologies”) at our Site to collect information about you, your online behaviour, your computer, or your mobile device. Such information may include, without limitation, the type of browser and operating system you are using, the domain name of your Internet service provider, your geographic location, the pages you visit, how long you visit each page, the unique number assigned to your server or Internet connection; and data relating to computer malfunctions or problems occurring when you use your computer with the Site.
You can change some of your privacy preferences through your browser. For example, you can delete browser cookies from your computer or set your browser to reject browser cookies. However, doing so may limit some functionalities of our Site. Also, blocking or deleting browser cookies may not block or delete other types of cookies including flash cookies. For additional information about browser privacy preferences, please consult the "Help" section of your browser.
What we do with the Information
We may use the information we collect for our own marketing and non-marketing purposes. For example, your personal information may be used to alert you to upcoming articles, features, or events. We may also share your personal and non-personal information with third parties for marketing and non-marketing purposes. For example, personal information may be shared with our affiliates and business partners for joint marketing purposes or for their own marketing purposes. We may also license or sell non-personal information to third parties for marketing and non-marketing purposes. In addition, we may merge personal information with non-personal information and with information we may obtain from other sources.
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may retain your Personal Information as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Infrabee may be obliged to disclose the contents of your online communications, as well as other information about you as an Infrabee user, in the following circumstances:
- if we or an entity processing your Personal Information our behalf is compelled to do so by law in response: to lawful governmental requests or legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena);
- in other circumstances in which Infrabee has a good faith belief that a crime has been or is being committed by an Infrabee user or that there is a physical threat to the safety of you or another person;
- or otherwise in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Please note that if you use Infrabee communications tools to disclose information about yourself publicly (for example, by leaving a comment on the Infrabee Site others outside of Infrabee may obtain access to information you provide).
Our Commitment to Security
Revisions to the Policy
Infrabee may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. The information collected or received by third parties is subject to their own privacy policies.
How to Contact Us
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective 27th October 2012